Friday, July 17, 2009

Baking

So the first batch of cupcakes I did, I wanted to make them bright pink so used beetroot. They looked great but tasted..well.. bettrooty LOL
The kids weren't too thrilled.



So a few days later I had to bake something for Skye's class as they were having a market day. I went with just vanilla this time and made 20. The kids ate 5 that night and the next day at the market they sold out in 5 minutes LOL the kids were bummed they missed out at school.
Ah well, it's an easy recipe so I'll just make some more.
I went with an egg free recipe incase someone at the school had an egg allergy.. but it still had all the other stuff...wheat, gluten, sugar and dairy..ah well.
I used banana as the egg alternative and they tasted great, but a slightly stickier heavier texture.

4 comments:

karisma said...

Hey! Beetrooty could have gone down well here! Who knows? The kids are big beetroot fans?

Genie said...

They don't mind a bit of beet in a salad or a sandwich but they aren't keen on a beet cake LOL
I did it more for the fantastic colour :0)

karisma said...

Well they certainly look "yummy"!

artemis-of-the-eucalypts said...

mmmm cup cakes! They look great Lovely. I agree with Karisma, beetroot is yum!